Sunday, November 8, 2009

Top This Dave Letterman!

My TOP TEN LIST! 

1. I am getting too old to always make white people feel comfortable at the expense of my comfort.
2. I need verbal, physical, and mental support from white anti-racists-in-training.
3. We all should be angry.
4. It may not take all white people to change the construct of whiteness just a few really powerful, rich, and influential individuals like those during the civil rights movement.
5. White people, white bodies, and whiteness can be three different categories in themselves.  " I hate whiteness but I have come to love individual white people."- ?
6. To achieve peace, violence is needed to combat the violence of white supremacy. Just look at Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
7. Do not believe always what you believe to be true.
8. Whiteness is so smart,camouflaged, and a true chameleon when needed to sustain and perpetuate it's own self interest. 
9. Modern day racism is good, hard working, good intentioned, self righteous, religious fearing whites. It is very visible and colorful. It stems from birth to adulthood. The excuses help them sleep better at night and their own views about one's self racism.
10. The supposed post racism era is a ploy.

What are we to do with whiteness? I need no ally. I need no pitty. I need white people to look inward and self examine what is your whiteness and start from the beginning. This is how white people can help.

No comments: